In addition to the legal protections offered by a union contract, outside the workplace UFCW members also have access to discounted legal services for personal needs (if you have a concern regarding your union contract or something that has happened at work, talk to your union representative).
Union members and their families can find reliable advice from an experiences lawyer at an affordable price.
You have access to two legal plan options:
Legal Program — Premium
For a low monthly fee you’ll have access to a network of experienced attorneys, ready whenever you are.
- Unlimited access to legal assistance
- All attorney fees are paid by the plan for covered matters
- Expert legal advice and representation, in person or by phone
- Network of 15,000+ attorneys
- No limitations such as hour or dollar caps on covered matters
Legal Program — Basic
Your free registration gives you free access to basic legal benefits.
- Free initial thirty-minute consultation
- 25% discount off attorney’s hourly or flat rate fees
- Over 6,800 participating law firms
- Virtually all types of legal matters are eligible
- After registration, you’ll be provided with the toll-free number to call for a referral